Monday, October 12, 2009

An Organization That I Joined

When I went to the ClubFest it was completely crazy. There were so many people all trying to get the chance to join really great clubs and organizations. An organization that I found and really like was the St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church Student Group. This group is designed to be a way for students to feel more a part of the Church.
St. Thomas Church holds a thursday night liturgy also known as TNL that is a student planned and a “come as you are” Mass. Its just a really fun way to go to church and really be apart of the Mass. As a part of this organization I have had so many opportunities to do a very wide range of activities. One that I have really liked is singing with the choir. This has been my favorite activity because it reminds me a lot of home. I always really liked singing at church and getting to help lead everyone in the songs. So this was a really cool thing to find here at Iowa State. This involvement will help me in the future because it provide a low key way to continue being part of the church which was something that is very important to me.
I really like this organization and they are very welcoming and make it very easy to feel a part of the group and how they provide the chance for me to continue something that is important to me.

7 comments:

  1. That is great that you are still finding time to keep up your faith while being super busy with school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cool how you found a club that reminded you of home. I imagine you will really enjoy this club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Participating in church was always one of my favorite things to do too! It's really cool how you relate it to feeling at home. I think you are definitely surrounding yourself with the right people and organization.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go to St. Thomas Aquinas too. That is awsome that you sing in the chior.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its great that you found a church group to be a part of. I know from personal experience that its hard to stay involved with church while being so busy with school and everything thats going on with college! So stick with it and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey that sounds great. A church group like that does make it easier to find friends and feel like you belong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great that you found a group that can make you feel more at home. I'm sure singing in the choir is a blast to.

    ReplyDelete